Rep Duties

Department Representatives are the voice of their departments on the GSA Council and take part in decisions on discretionary funding, GSA resolutions, and committee work. 

  • Reps attend Council meetings
  • Reps can get appointed to one or more internal or campus-wide committees
  • Reps interface with grads in their department to learn about their issues and needs, and brings these to attention of the GSA
  • Reps get paid for serving on the Council
  • Confirmed for a year long term

How to become a department rep: 

1)    Check the list of current department reps to see if your department spot is vacant. 

2)    Check with the other grads in your department to ensure they will support you as their representative.

3)    Come to one of our Council meetings and introduce yourself as a new rep. You will be confirmed by a Council vote.

4)    Attend Council meetings and required trainings to get your stipend. 


To receive your stipend, please visit Financial Affairs' Forms Directory and fill out the following:

  • Payee Setup 204, sent via campus mail to FAR
    • Note: the Vendor Electronic Funds Authorization is only for receiving your payment as a direct deposit; it will otherwise be sent via mail to your listed address
    • If you have previously filled out this form, you only need to submit a new copy if your address or other infomation has changed. 
  • International students only: Complete Foreign National GLACIER

Note: These documents cannot be opened in browser; please right click, save the link, and open in a pdf reader. 

 At the end of the quarter, you will be contacted by the Treasurer(s) for additional information in an email.